This can lead to some scary moments. Never fret, with a few steps you can have your WordPress panel restored and back in operation. Thankfully all hosting plans with Sheboygan Web Hosting comes with free and nightly backups.
So the big question is: How do you restore a WordPress site from Jet Backup 5 in cPanel?
To restore a WordPress site from Jet Backup 5 in cPanel, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- Go to the "Jet Backup" section and click on "Full Backups."
- Locate the backup file that contains the WordPress site you want to restore and click on the "Restore" button next to it.
- On the "Restore Manager" page, select the type of restore you want to perform. For a full restore, select "Full Account Restore" and click "Next."
- Choose the backup date and time you want to restore from and click "Next."
- Select the destination where you want to restore the backup. You can choose to restore the backup to the original location or to a new location.
- In the "Select Restore Type" section, select "File Restore" and then select the WordPress files and directories you want to restore.
- In the "Select Restore Type" section, select "Database Restore" and then select the WordPress database you want to restore.
- Click the "Restore" button to start the restore process.
- Once the restore is complete, you should be able to access your restored WordPress site.
Note that the restore process may take some time depending on the size of the backup file and the speed of your server. Additionally, it's always a good idea to perform a backup before restoring a site to ensure you have a backup of the current site in case of any issues during the restore process.